2150 Alpha Avenue
Cumby, TX 75433
Job Objective Looking for a challenging position as an Assistant Soccer Coach where I can utilize new coaching techniques that will help to develop capability to be successful.
- Assistant Soccer Coach, 2007 – Present
- Georgia Southern University
- Prepared and maintained up-to-date lesson plans and goals for season practice drills and procedures.
- Coordinated and monitored the intercollegiate soccer program.
- Planned and developed practice sessions and motivated the soccer team.
- Instructed passing, correct trapping, dribbling and shooting techniques.
- Provided motivational support for the goalkeeper.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Broad knowledge of NCAA soccer rules.
- Solid administrative and organizational skill.
- Immense ability to handle several tasks simultaneously.
- Strong ability to assist the soccer recruitment program.
- Excellent understanding of modern soccer rules and regulations.
B.S in Commerce, 2005, University of Oklahoma
M.S in Sports Leadership, 2007, University of Washington
Soccer Coach Cover Letter
Soccer Coaches train sports teams and help them win games. Many Soccer Coaches are former amateur or professional players, although the best players don’t necessarily make successful Soccer Coaches. Typical responsibilities for this job include: conducting practice sessions, identifying player strengths and weaknesses, adapting coaching techniques, keeping athletes motivated, maintaining their knowledge of soccer rules and techniques, monitoring opposing teams, and developing game strategies.
Based on our selection of example cover letters for Soccer Coach, the most important skills for the job include:
- Coaching skills
- The ability to motivate players
- Problem-solving orientation
- Creativity and flexibility
- Conflict resolution
- Effective communication
- Strategic thinking
Similar skills and experience can be seen in the Soccer Coach cover letter displayed right below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Soccer Coach Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Howard:
As a dedicated, enthusiastic, and motivated coach with more than 13 years of experience developing player skills and coaching games for girls between the ages of 10 and 17, it is my pleasure to submit the enclosed resume for your consideration. My immense background in the game of soccer complemented by my passion for coaching positions me to significantly impact your school as your new Soccer Coach.
Creating schedules, running practice exercises and games, and cultivating a healthy team atmosphere are just a few of the areas in which I excel. I maintain an unwavering focus on improving player skills and techniques while always ensuring a safe and supportive environment to encourage socialization and team cohesion. I began my coaching career in 2002 at Barton Hills Middle School while my daughter was a student and a soccer player on its junior varsity team, and found myself thriving in the role and realizing a new career choice for myself. Since that time, I have coached and led the Barton Hills’ team—followed by teams at Middleton High School and Joel Broswald High School, respectively—to outstanding season records, including the 2010 Regional Champion Winner (Joel Broswald). In 2006, I earned my second BA degree, this time in Health and Physical Education, and am more than confident in the positive role I can play as your school’s next Soccer Coach.
Consider the following qualifications I offer:
- Mentored, instructed, and coached a well-rounded group of 22 female players each year in consecutive school coach positions; managing budgets, schedules, and equipment purchases while emphasizing conditioning, fundamentals, teamwork, and fun.
- Reintroduced the girls’ soccer team to Middleton High School following a three-year lapse due to limited financial and coaching resources; steered fundraising efforts, organized and communicated with parents, and worked closely with the school Athletic Director and other administrators to build a successful soccer program.
- Organized and supervised practices, team meetings, scheduled games, special tournaments, and community service projects.
- Managed administrative duties such as preparing schedules, coordinating logistics, recording stats, and maintaining supplies.
- Demonstrated a keen ability to teach the techniques and rules of the game while elevating each player’s knowledge and skills in the sport of soccer and improve her athletic performance.
- Played soccer personally from the age of 5 until 18 on public school teams in Missouri; received a partial scholarship to attend the University of Missouri and play on its men’s soccer team; member of the 1991 state championship team.
With my experience and credentials, I am highly prepared to dedicate myself to the highest standards of coaching at your school and exceed your expectations as your new Soccer Coach. I look forward to discussing my qualifications in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Conrad S. Bercraft