Photographers, just like any other job positions, also need to go through applications for them to book certain jobs, especially if they would like to be employed in a photography studio. There are different kinds of photographers out there with various specializations. This makes the content of photographer cover letters differ from one another cover letter format.
Writing a cover letter will be easier if you will follow a Cover Letter Template as a reference. Use the downloadable samples of photographer cover letter templates that we have listed in this article for you to be guided in making your cover letter template in word.
Freelance Photographer Cover Letter
Photographer Cover Letter
Guidelines in Writing a Photography Cover Letter
A few guidelines that you may follow in creating a photography cover letter are as follows:
- Make sure that you will identify your knowledge in manipulating camera settings to achieve the desired photograph results of clients.
- List down the photography projects that you have handled especially the kind of photographs that you are an expert in taking.
- Use one of our Best Cover Letter Template in guiding you in terms of the creation of your own application cover letter.
- Do not repeat the items that are already present in your photographer resume.
- For a better impact, you can also specify some of the clients that hired you as their photographer
How Does One Start a Career as a Freelance Photographer?
If you are just starting your career in the field of photography and you would like to do freelance work, here are the steps that you need to follow:
- Identify the kind of photography that you would like to immerse yourself into.
- Practice taking photographs for you to harness your skills.
- Create a portfolio. More so, having an online or social media page will be a big help to market your work.
- Send your portfolio to prospective clients.
Other than our photographer cover letter templates, our Professional Cover Letter Templates are also available for download.
Event Photography Cover Letter
Photographer with Experience
What to Include in a Photographer Cover Letter
A photographer cover letter should have the following items:
- The experiences of the candidate in photography
- The techniques that the photographer candidate can execute
- The knowledge of the photographer in taking photographs and in the photography industry in general
Tips for Getting a Photography Internship
If you would like to be considered for a photography internship, be sure to do the following suggestions:
- Present a portfolio of the photographs that you have taken
- Submit a comprehensive and striking resume and cover letter
- Capitalize on your technical skills and abilities related to photography
Other than our samples of photographer cover letter templates, you may also want to download our Entry Level Cover Letter Template samples for additional references.
You may also like
Graphic Designer Cover Letters - 8+ Free Word, PDF Format ...
9+ Short Cover Letter Templates Examples Free & Premium ...
9+ Business Cover Letter Examples
11+ Front Desk Cover Letter Templates - Free Sample, Example ...
5+ Research Technician Cover Letters - Free Sample, Example ...
6+ Career Change Cover Letter - Free Sample, Example Format ...
Engineering Cover Letters - 7+ Free Word, PDF Format Download ...
11+ Application Cover Letters
Retail Cover Letters - 8+ Free Word, PDF Format Download Free ...
Sales Cover Letters - 10+ Free Word, PDF Format Download Free ...
10+ Job Cover Letters - Free Sample, Example Format Download ...
9+ Consulting Cover Letter - Word, PDF
Freelance Photographer Cover Letter
Freelance Photographers are self-employed artists collaborating with a variety of clients and creative businesses from areas such as fine art, fashion, corporate, or advertising. Typical job duties of a Freelance Photographer include discussing requirements with clients, selecting photographic subjects, travelling to various locations, using photography equipment, advising photographic subjects, collaborating with other creative experts, editing images, managing business aspects, and maintaining their portfolio.
A successful cover letter sample for Freelance Photographer should highlight the following skills and qualifications:
- Creativity and artistic talent
- Knowledge of photography equipment
- Self-promotion abilities
- Being able to work at odd hours in all kinds of settings
- Networking and communication
- Attention to details
- Computer proficiency and knowledge of relevant software
Below is provided a cover letter example highlighting similar Freelance Photographer abilities and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Freelance Photographer Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Young:
As a technically astute, creative, and detail-driven Freelance Photographer with seven years of excellent experience managing a variety of photo shoots for diverse clients, I am positioned to make a significant impact and capture your special memories by putting my knowledge and expertise to work for you.
My background includes consulting with clients to identify their unique needs and requirements, and then setting up backgrounds, lighting, and props to drive photo shoot success for events ranging from weddings to maternity shoots to family portrait sessions. With my ability to collaborate effectively with clients and assistants—along with my excellent problem-solving, communication, and time management skills—I am confident that my talents will significantly benefit you in this capacity.
Highlights of my experience include:
- Successfully shooting more than 75 weddings, 130 family portrait sessions, and 90 maternity shoots; earning consistently stellar reviews on local blogs, review boards, and Yelp for outstanding product quality and easiness to work with, leading to a high volume of both repeat and referral business.
- Managing all facets of my personal photography business, including sales and self-marketing, equipment purchasing, bookkeeping, assistant hiring/training, and networking.
- Demonstrating expertise in digital photography processes, equipment, and methods; photo evaluation and editing; and final product delivery.
- Earning a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Photography and completing additional training to acquire proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Light Room, Aperture, and Capture 1.
With my keen ability to support and complete challenging freelance photography projects, combined with my steadfast commitment to top-notch quality and production and client service excellence, I am prepared to excel in providing outstanding photography service to you.
I look forward to discussing your needs, and my qualifications, in more detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Edda J. Medina